Finding my way..

Searching the Psalms, scriptures, and the hearts of those around me, trying to find my way to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Prayer Life....Ha!

OKay, I actually GOT UP from the computer to say prayers before I wrote today.  While standing there,  I fluffed my hair, blew my nose, said my prayers in my head, listened to the trash truck pick up in front of my house, and wondered how clever I could be in my blog today.    Ick.  Never mind that I just spent an hour messing around looking at knitting sites because I can't seem to get motivated today.  This was after watching, dull-eyed, the news this morning, which consisted of fighting, arguing, sickness, lust, and nonsense. 

I need to get better at this.  I need to get better at this. I need to get better at this.

I need to put God first.  I need to be totally dependent on him.  I need to decrease, he needs to increase. 

I need to turn off the t.v.  I need to get up every morning and pray. 

I guess I need to actually start writing down my prayer list, and read it, as the priest does in the litany.  Today I did remember to "Memory Eternal"   these people

My Grandparents  Claude,Anna Marie, Harold, Annie
Our fathers    Bill and Bob
Our aunts and uncles   Mary, George, John, Martha, Lillian, Bill, Joan, William

Those in need of healing
Lyn, Don
Elaine, Raven
others  (some I'll keep to myself)

Those in prison
Richard

I used the Nativity icon for prayer this morning.  I noticed that even as Mary is gazing upon her new, beautiful baby, her hand is pointing to Heaven.  Even the rocks point to Heaven, maybe I should look up occasionally.

Lord, Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.  

A great Psalm to help  remember our LORD in prayer.


-from The Orthodox Study Bible,  St. Athanasius Academy of Orthodox Theology,  Thomas Nelson Publishers,Nashville, TN.  2008.

Psalm 103:1-6

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And everything within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His rewards:
Who is merciful to all your transgressions,
Who heals all your disease,
Who redeems your life from corruption,
Who crowns you with mercy and compassion,
Who satisfies your desire with good things;
And your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The Lord shows mercies
And judgment to all who are wronged.

Now I'm going to get up and try it again, this time with the Bible in front of me,  never hurts to have a crib sheet. 


Dianne, a miserable prayer

3 comments:

  1. You may have one already but try adding another dimension and use a holding cross. I could spend hours telling you about them and some of my attempts to make them but just look them up on the web it may be quicker ;-)


    http://www.craftsmeninwood.co.uk/p6192/The-Holding-Cross/c0-1504-1524

    http://www.wooden.co.uk/picframe/1558.html

    ReplyDelete